A soothing meal, not for the dieter!
- 1/2 lb. onions
- 3/4 lb. carrots
- 1 stick margaring or butter
- 3/4 t. ground mustard
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. sugar
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 t. paprika
- 1 12 oz. beer(Bass is best, or any pale ale)
- 1-2 cups light cream
- Chop onions and carrots very fine(food processor is best).
- Grate cheese.
- Satee carrots and onions in margaringe for 20 mins. over medium heat. Do not let brown.
- Add flour and spices. Cook for 15 mins. Do not let brown.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add beer and bring to a second boil.
- Add cheese and heat through.
- Add cream and heat through.
- Adjust seasonings.
This recipe was submitted by Elizabeth on April 16, 2005.