Bread pudding, usually made with leftover challah.
- 2-3 c. stale challah (or other bread)
- 1 1/2 c. soy milk (preferably vanilla)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- Optional: two large apples, chopped small; OR 1 c. raisins
- Tear challah into smallish pieces, and drop into bowl or large pan.
- Pour soy milk over. Allow to soak 20-30 min.
- Add eggs and sugar. Mix well.
- If including, add fruit. Mix.
- Place into greased pan (8×8 inch, or 9-inch round) and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until browned and golden.
This recipe was submitted by rivka on April 10, 2005.