Goes great with Cucumber Relish.
- 1 pound tuna, finely ground (can mince if grinder unavailable)
- 1 Tbsp. whole-seed dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ground capers
- 2 chipotle peppers, ground into paste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 4 toasted onion kaiser rolls (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except oil and rolls in large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into 4 patties of equal size.
- Heat oil in large frying pan to medium-high.
- When pan is hot, cook patties 2 minutes per side.
- Serve on rolls if desired.
- The patties may be frozen. To cook frozen patties, do not defrost. Cook each side in peanut oil on medium high for two minutes, then cook on each side on low for about 5 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by rjp on August 28, 2005.