A hearty winter stew. Many substitutions or additions are possible to this basic stew. The bacon is optional if you want to adapt for kosher or vegetarian diets. I use turkey bacon.
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 whole potatoes, cut into peices
- 1/2 cup cut carrots
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 1 can sweat peas
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 strips bacon (optional)
- 1 cube beef buillion (optional)
- Fry bacon and cut into small peices.
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot
- Simmer for 35 minutes or until moisture is absorbed
This recipe was submitted by Everard on January 24, 2005.