Good served warm, room temperature, or cold, with butter or without. A great way to start the day.
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add raisins and toss.
- Add sour cream, buttermilk, and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch spring form pan, 2 loaf pans, or a pizza pan.
- Pour mixture in pan(s) – place in mound in center if using pizza pan.*
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- *Traditionally, a cross is drawn in the top of the dough.
This recipe was submitted by rjp on April 15, 2005.