A luscious combination of moist cake with a coconut cream sauce topped with coconut whipped cream.
- 1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake – eggs, water, oil)
- 1 can Coco Lopez coconut cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 8-12 oz shredded coconut (buy it in the baking section)
- Make cake according to package directions. Bake in 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Allow to cool.
- Mix Coco Lopez with condensed milk. Poke holes in cake and spoon coconut milk mixture over cake. (I do this a little at a time so it will soak in.)
- Mix shredded coconut with Cool Whip. Spread over cake.
- Spoon leftover coconut milk mixture from bottom of cake pan over cake when you serve it. Chill in refrigerator several hours before serving.
This recipe was submitted by chris on May 17, 2005.