This recipe, courtesy of my mother-in-law is the best carrot cake I’ve ever had. The twist is the cream cheese filling in the middle of the cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine dry ingrediants, add combined oil and eggs, mixing till just moistened.
- Fold in carrots.
- Reserving 2 cups of batter, pour remaining into greased/floured bundt pan.
- Carefully pour cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Carefully spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
This recipe was submitted by Space Opera on January 23, 2005.