Great for snacks or parties.
- 1 cylinder of Ritz crackers or equivalent
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or equivalent amounts oregano and basil)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Arrange crackers on baking sheet.
- Add spices to tomato paste and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spread tomato paste on each cracker.
- Sprinkle crackers with parmesan cheese.
- Add small amount of mozzarella to each cracker.
- Add one slice pepperoni to each cracker if desired.
- Bake until cheese is melted and just turning brown (about 5-7 minutes).
This recipe was submitted by rjp on March 26, 2005.