You can spice this up by adding cayenne pepper or crushed red peppers.
- 4 Tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups cooked tomatoes, undrained
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 lbs cleaned shrimp
- 2-4 cups rice
- Heat margarine in your cast iron skillet.
- Saute onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until ingredients are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 min.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice.
This recipe was submitted by coccinelle on August 31, 2005.