The perfect soup that takes care of all the left-over vegetables and leaves the fridge ready to be filled again!
- Vegetables of every description (broccoli, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, cauliflower, green beans, lima beans, frozen vegie mixes.)
- Left-over meat such as: steak, pork, chicken, turkey.
- Seasonings: garlic, lemon pepper, sage, salt, parsley, pepper. (Experiment with ones you like, too!)
- Stew pot or crockpot. A big wooden spoon, chopping knife, and some good blues or jazz tunes. Don't forget your apron and mug of tea . . .
- Saute meat, onions, celery, garlic. Scrape into the stew pot.
- Add water. About two cups – more later if need be.
- Add seasonings.
- Chop fresh firm vegetables that will take longer to cook and add to the mixture.
- About 30 minutes before eating the soup, add the already cooked leftover vegies and frozen vegies. Taste test and add more seasonings if you like.
- Make homemade rolls or bread, slice some sharp cheddar cheese and apple slices and enjoy!
This recipe was submitted by Shan on January 23, 2005.