One of my favorites to use with students in cooking class. I've also substituted peanut butter or nutella in place of the jam.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ? teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ? cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put papers in muffin pans.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, milk, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture all at once to the large bowl with the flour mixture.
- Combine ingredients with a wooden spoon just until all dry ingredients are moist. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups half full.
- Put a teaspoonful of jam in the center, leaving an edge of batter all around.
- Add about a teaspoonful more of batter (maybe a little more) to completely cover the jam.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by coccinelle on August 31, 2005.