A very hearty set of greens – Alton Brown's method, my ingredient choices.
- 1 quart water
- 1 large link andouille sausage
- 1.5 pounds mustard greens, rinsed, large stems removed and torn roughly
- Place water in large, covered pot with sausage on high.
- When water boils, reduce to strong simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add greens and salt, stirring with tongs to mix through water.
- Cover and reduce to low simmer, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Check consistency at 30 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by rjp on June 2, 2007.