This is an excellant, moist cake. It needs no frosting – just a dusting of powdered sugar.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt. Set aside
- In large bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla till fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk and mix well
- Pour into greased/floured pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pan then turn onto wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Try not to eat the entire cake by yourself in one sitting.
This recipe was submitted by Space Opera on January 23, 2005.