Adapted from [i]The Microwave Guide & Cookbook[/i].
- 2/3 of a stale baguette (or other stale bread), cubed
- 1/2 – 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. raisins, rinsed and briefly soaked in warm water
- 2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. orange or vanilla extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Arrange bread cubes evenly in round Pyrex casserole (2 qt. or larger).
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over.
- Drain raisins and sprinkle them on.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs; mix in milk, extract, and cinnamon.
- Pour evenly over bread cubes.
- (Mixture can chill for several hours at this point, or you may continue immediately.)
- Microwave at high for 10-12 minutes.
- OR bake at 350 for 60 minutes covered; 15 minutes uncovered.
- Delicious warm or chilled.
This recipe was submitted by rivka on February 1, 2005.