Perfect for when it's too hot too cook.
- 1/2 c. mayonaise-based dressing (creamy garlic, ranch, sweet-and-sour, etc.)
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tuna, drained
- 1 bag (8-12 oz.) pre-washed salad OR one head of lettuce, washed and shredded
- optional: other veggies (pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers) chopped into bite-sized bits
- optional: pitas, tortillas, or other flatbread
- Using fork, mix tuna and dressing in a large bowl. Break apart all large chunks and mix well.
- Add salad (and any veggies). Toss. (If you have a bowl with a tightly-sealing lid, shaking can be effective.)
- Serve. If not filling enough for your troops as-is, serve in pitas or wrapped up in tortillas or other flatbread.
This recipe was submitted by rivka on October 2, 2005.