Total junk food. Also comfort food and kid food. Sounds disgusting, tastes really good. Also a one-dish meal, if you're lazy about it and serve nothing else.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom (or celery) soup
- 1/2 to 1 cup frozen peas (or peas and carrots, or mixed veggies)
- Frozen tater tots (or reduce calories by using "tater gems", which are slices instead of cylinders)
- grated cheese (you can omit it, but it tastes so good!)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Place in bottom of a baking dish (8 by 8 works for 1 lb., but so does a bigger one).
- Spread soup on top.
- Cover with frozen peas.
- Top with tater tots laid in neat rows to completely cover the top surface.
- Cover (heavy duty aluminum foil works just fine) and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
- Let cool a little before serving so tounges don't get burned.
This recipe was submitted by ketchupqueen on January 30, 2005.