You know – frozen pizza, pot pies, canned soup, ramen noodle packets, mac-n-cheese. What can you do to add nutrition?
- In-season fresh fruit.
- In-season fresh vegetable.
- Non-name-brand frozen vegetables.
- Non-name-brand canned fruit.
- Non-name-brand canned meat such as tuna.
- Fresh water as beverage.
- Follow directions for preparing fast filler food.
- Add a fruit and vegetable to the meal.
- Example: Chicken pot pie, main course. Add sliced apple and celery sticks. Serve with large mug of hot water, mixed with a wee bit of honey and lemon slice.
- Example: Mac-n-cheese, main course. After cooked, add can of tuna and lightly cooked frozen green peas. Serve with large glass of water and lime slice.
- Example: Frozen pizza – supreme variety with some meat and vegetables, main course. Add salad made of spinach greens and canned mandarin oranges. Serve with large glass of water and lemon slice.
This recipe was submitted by Shan on October 3, 2005.