Using a combination of healthy convenience foods, get dinner on the table quick! 15-20 minutes prep, and less than an hour from start to finish.
- 2 (18-oz.) tubes prepared polenta (I prefer flavored to plain)
- 2 (14-oz.) packages Tofurkey Italian sausage
- 1 lb. frozen vegetables (I prefer the mix of edamame, sliced green beans, and mushrooms that a local store carries; but green peas or other veggies work as well)
- 1 (26 oz.) tomato-based pasta sauce, any variety (I prefer Barilla)
- Shredded or sliced cheese, to taste (optional)
- Grease two 9×13 pans.
- Thinly slice both tubes of polenta, and spread in a single layer in each pan.
- Slice all the sausages, and spread as a second layer in each pan.
- Spread half of the vegetables in each pan.
- Pour half a jar of sauce evenly over each pan.
- Add grated or sliced cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by rivka on November 22, 2006.