I like to serve this with garlic bread. If I don’t have bread, I add one cup of macaroni about 10 minutes before serving.
- ? cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- minced garlic
- ? cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage (or small chunk of whole pepperoni)
- 1 cup beef stock (can use powdered or cubed bouillon and water)
- ? teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chop pepperoni coarsely. Heat in medium soup pan with onion, garlic, mushrooms, and green pepper until soft but not brown. Add tomatoes, stock, and basil. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over each bowl, and broil to melt.
This recipe was submitted by maui babe on January 24, 2005.