We call these mushroom crack – they're that good. No one ever gets enough of them. Goes well with any red meat.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. medium crimini or white mushrooms, whole or w/ stems removed
- 1/4 cup red wine (Yellowtail Shiraz is good, or you can use whatever you're drinking)
- Place butter and garlic in a medium sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- As soon as the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and stir to coat evenly.
- Allow to cook until a fork slides into the mushrooms easily, about 8 minutes. Time varies quite a bit with mushroom variety and size, so test often.
- Add the wine and immediately reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue to cook until the wine is evaporated.
- Serve as a side dish or on toothpicks as an appetizer.
This recipe was submitted by rjp on January 30, 2005.