When the only bread you can eat is matza, but you miss bread — try these.
- 2 c. matza meal
- 1/2 c. oil (or melted margarine)
- 1 c. boiling water
- 3 eggs
- optional: 1/2 t. salt (and/or garlic, onion powders)
- Combine meal and oil; mix thoroughly.
- Pour over boiling water and stir well.
- Allow to cool 15-20 minutes. (If you're in a hurry, continue stirring — it will be cool enough after about 5 minutes.)
- Add eggs (and salt). Stir well.
- Using wet hands, form into "rolls" about the size of a small apple (but somewhat flattened).
- Place on greased and/or foiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees, until lightly browned.
- Great served warm or after cooling.
This recipe was submitted by rivka on April 18, 2006.