These meatballs are excellent plain or in Good Gravy Tomato Sauce.
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion, minced
- 1 pound meat loaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal) or ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 6.5 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Roll into balls 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter.
- Place balls on nonstick cookie sheet.
- Roast meatballs 10 minutes and simmer in sauce for at least 10 more minutes, or roast in oven for 15-20 minutes if not simmering in sauce.
This recipe was submitted by rjp on February 4, 2005.