This will make a very tasty frosting that will, when cooled, turn into a fudge like covering. All the measurements given are really very approximate since I tend to just pour until it looks good.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup milk, half and half, or cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Put the milk and chocolate into a medium sized pot and put over medium/high
- When the chocolate begins to melt add the sugar and corn syrup
- Bring the mixture to a stiff boil and let it boil for 3-5 minutes
- Mix in the vanilla and let the mixture sit until it begins to harden
- When the mixture has hardened enough that is no longer runny, pour it over the cake and let it sit until finishes hardening, then serve!
- If you wish to make the mixture thicker add powdered sugar while the mixture is still runny (I tend to add around 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar), to make it thinner, add water
This recipe was submitted by Hobbes on March 27, 2005.