Quickie rice and beans dish.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (the types that have seasonings like chili peppers or roasted garlic)
- 1 can red (light or dark) kidney beans
- Garlic Powder
- Chili powder
- 1 packet Sazon seasoning
- Dump everything in one pot with two cups of water.
- Don't drain the diced tomatoes but make sure to drain and rinse the beans.
- Make sure to include enough salt for rice package directions. Season to taste with the rest of the herbs.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
This recipe was submitted by Kwsni on April 14, 2005.