Delicious (and easy!) warm cashews to serve as nibbles – either for guests or just for yourself. An adaption of a Cambodian snack.
- Half a cup of unroasted, unsalted cashews (Roasted but unsalted can also be substituted).
- Juice of one lime.
- One spring onion (apparently you folk call them scallions, or green onions), finely sliced.
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated or minced depending on taste.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp of vegetable oil in frying pan or wok. Add cashews and fry until golden-y brown.
- Add grated ginger to cashews in pan. Stir, frying for 2-3 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add sliced spring onion, stir through to wilt and take pan off heat.
- Pour lime juice over cashews, ginger and spring onions – toss to mix through.
- Turn out mixture into a bowl – serve and enjoy!
This recipe was submitted by Imogen on February 2, 2005.