A sweet and yummy version of the original pie. This dessert is really entirely "to taste", so the ingredients are an estimate.
- 2 rolls Pillsbury Chocolate-chip Cookie Dough OR
- 2 batches homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 300g package of cream cheese (soft and spreadable preferred)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla yoghurt
- Confectioner's (powder) sugar, to taste
- Assorted soft fruit (banana, peach, kiwi, strawberry, grape, etc.)
- Fruit glaze (optional)
- If you are using your won dough, make a double batch.
- Spread the dough onto a 13×9' baking pan. I like to use Pillsbury (even though I feel I'm cheating) because it gives a chewier, less cake-y texture. But it's up to you. Bake according to directions. Leave aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese with the yoghurt and sugar. It should be sweet but tart.
- Cut the fruit into slices (no bigger than 1/2-inch thick).
- Spread the "sauce" over the baked cookie dough.
- Arrange the fruit artfully over the sauce.
- If you are not planning to serve it immediately, prepare the glaze according to the instructions and spread it over the fruit. Refrigerate. Otherwise, serve immediately before the fruit starts to brown (better this way!).
This recipe was submitted by Eaquae Legit on March 18, 2005.