One of my favorites as a kid. A big hit with teenage boys, too. On my recipe card for this cake:
"Recipe: Fruit Cocktail Cake
Makes: Cavities" 😀
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 small (about 15 oz.) can fruit cocktail (light is okay), undrained
- 1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar (or use a "streusel" topping)
- Heat oven to 350 deg.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add egg and fruit cocktail and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Bake about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe was submitted by ketchupqueen on February 2, 2005.