Mixed greens with black beans, corn and grilled chicken, served with a yogurt-salsa dressing.
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound grilled chicken, cut into strips
- 4 ounces cheese, shredded
- 2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite brand)
- 1 tsp. dried cumin
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. hot Mexican pepper
- 4 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut tortillas into strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Arrange strips on broiler pan, without overlapping.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, turn and bake for 3-5 more minutes, until crispy.
- Divide greens onto 4 large plates.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of beans and 1/4 of corn evenly over greens.
- Arrange 1/4 of chicken strips over greens, beans and corn.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cheese over chicken strips.
- Mix yogurt, salsa and spices together until well blended.
- Divide dressing among the 4 plates.
- Top with tortilla strips.
This recipe was submitted by email@example.com on April 10, 2007.