Fabulous Roasted Cauliflower.
- 1 fresh cauliflower
- grilling temperature pam or olive oil
- a few slices red onion
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesean or asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray cookie sheet with pam or lighly coat with olive oil
- Clean and carefully cut cauliflower into large separate florets. (I usually turn it upside down and cut the stem out. From there, you can break it up fairly cleanly.)
- Slice florets into 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Break up onion slices into rings, and put them on the cauliflower slices. Do not allow the onion to touch the cookie sheet, or it will blacken and burn before cauliflower is done.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes. Check and toss cauliflower (carefully, watch the onions!) every ten minutes or so.
- Cauliflower is done when the "flower" part is lightly browned and the stalk is soft.
- Remove from oven, carefully transfer to serving dish, top with the cheese. You may need more than 1/4 cup, depending on what you like. Even people who don't like vegetables will ask for seconds.
This recipe was submitted on January 28, 2005.