It actually has cream of tartar in it! Duh! 😉 This is a basic, basic recipe. Add capers, dill, whatever you like to it. Great with any fried fish dish.
- 1 bread and butter pickle, sweet pickle, or dill pickle, minced very fine (or substitute 2-3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish)
- 1 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Mayonnaise (DO NOT use Miracle Whip, substitute brand at your own risk)
- 1/2 Tbsp. cream of tartar, use more if needed
- granulated sugar, to taste
- Thoroughly mix mayonnaise and pickle in small bowl.
- Add cream of tartar and mix again.
- Add sugar to taste and, that's right, mix once more.
- Cover and refrigerate until served. Keeps well in fridge. (Note: this will change color when it sits and/or is exposed to air. It's still safe to eat until it goes rancid. Use your nose.)
This recipe was submitted by ketchupqueen on January 23, 2005.