Nothing better than soup waiting for you when you get home.
- 2 pound bag black beans
- 1 28 oz can tomatos
- 3-4 jalepenos, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 TBL cumin (okay, I love cumin, you may not need this much)
- chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Add first set of ingredients to crock pot.
- Cover with enough water to have it several inches above beans.
- (This can be done the night before, but I often don't soak beans)
- Cook all day on Medium.
- Add garnishes when done and serve with corn tortillas or cornbread.
This recipe was submitted by romanylass on October 1, 2005.