Very rich, easy to make, delicious truffles. I have never made the Rum Truffle option, so the instructions may be a bit skewed.
- 3 175g packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- Finely chopped nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate sprinkles, sprinkles (optional)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) dark rum (for Rum Truffles)
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) rum extract (for Rum Truffles)
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat melt chips with sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in vanilla
- Roll into balls
- For Rum Truffles:
- Stir in Rum and Rum extract instead of vanilla.
This recipe was submitted by Desdemona on January 23, 2005.