I can't claim it's authentic, but it's fast, cheap and easy.
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatos
- 1 TBL Garam Masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 chicken breasts ( or cheaper pieces), diced
- 1/2-1 can water, depending on how saucy you want it
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Mix first set of ingredients in large saucepan.
- Cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add yogurt at end of cooking time.
- Serve with naan and extra yogurt.
This recipe was submitted by romanylass on October 1, 2005.