This is a dish that a friend brought over after I had my first child. It is sooo good, and, though it will be in the Mexican category, it is, again, more of a general comfort food.
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1 package flour tortillas(fajita size)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Divide filling and fill tortillas; roll into enchiladas.
- Melt butter and add flour; stir constantly to make roux.
- Slowly add chicken broth; stir until thickened.
- Add sour cream.
- Pour a little sauce in the bottom of baking pan.
- Add enchiladas; pour sauce over.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
This recipe was submitted by Elizabeth on January 27, 2005.