Yummy, tart, and so very easy. A small slice will do, it's so rich. Save the egg whites for an omelette or put one in each section of an ice cube tray and freeze until needed for something else. Also, if you use a crust with "2 extra servings" just double the rest of the ingredients.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces Key West Key Lime Juice
- 1 Keebler graham cracker crust
- Mix first 3 ingredients thoroughly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree, preheated oven.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Actually, you don't HAVE to bake it. It will set without baking, but the heat will help kill the bacteria in the egg yolks and will make the crust harder/crispier/nuttier/tastier.
This recipe was submitted by Boon on March 22, 2005.