This is one of my favorite Chinese dishes. If you can find a Chinese restaurant that serves it, you know they're authentic.
- 1 pound or so of chopped up chicken breast
- 3 or 4 green and red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- Black bean sauce (I found mine at Uwajimaya in Seattle – you can get it at any asian grocery or online [url="http://importfood.com/saye9501.html"]here[/url])
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- In a very hot wok, heat sesame oil and black bean sauce
- Add chicken and chopped vegetables, cooking just until done. If you cook it too long, the sesame oil scorches and tastes funny.
- Season with soy sauce while cooking
- Serve with rice
This recipe was submitted by Annie on January 29, 2005.