A family favorite. I add the tarragon only if I have it; it's not essential.
- 4 whole skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 whole lemons
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 14-oz cans chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp tarragon
- parsley, optional
- ground pepper, optional
- salt, optional
- Coat chicken with olive oil and squeeze the juice of one lemon over them. Season with salt and pepper and place 1-2 slices of lemon on each breast.
- Bake in 350* oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- While chicken is baking, melt half a stick of butter in a medium skillet. Add 3 cups of chopped mushrooms and one teaspoon of tarragon. Lightly saute until the mushrooms are tender and golden brown in color, about 6 min.
- Stir flour completely into the mushroom mixture. Slowly add chicken broth and continue stirring, gradually increase heat. Gently boil until mixture reduces to form a thick, creamy sauce. Approximately 10 min.
- Add juice from half a lemon into sauce.
- Spoon sauce over breast and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
This recipe was submitted by coccinelle on August 31, 2005.