I just made this up. But I like it.
- Half a bunch fresh cilantro
- Rice vinegar
- Half a large white onion
- 7 to 10 roma tomatoes
- Small can of chilpotle peppers (I like Embasa brand)
- Chop the cilantro finely… let it sit in an inch or so of rice vinegar.
- Add the diced onion, stir in with the cilantro, add more vinegar and some salt whenever you feel like it
- Chop up 7 to 10 fresh roma tomatoes. Actually, only dice 5 or 6 of them – mash the other ones up with a potato masher… better consistency.
- Add a small can of chilpotle peppers, diced up. Chilpotles are dried & smoked jalapenos, so they get really spicy really fast. When you add the whole can, you can kill your roommate with it.
- Stir and enjoy with freshly fried corn tortillas or chips from a bag. OR – use as a topping for Navajo tacos. Just don't kill your roommate the week before rent's due.
- Gotta keep it in the fridge – it's uncooked and gets funky left out.
This recipe was submitted by Annie on January 25, 2005.